A classic recipe from Morgane’s French cookbooks.
5-6 cups cauliflower, cut in chunks (you can also use broccoli)
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup flour
2 cups milk
1 t. salt or more to taste
1/4 t. pepper
Pinch each ground nutmeg and ground red pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup bead crumbs
1 T. butter, melted
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 T. dried parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Steam the cauliflower (or broccoli) for 6-8 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
3. In a small sauce pan, sauté the onion and garlic in 2 T. oil for about 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle the flour on the onions and garlic.
5. Cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes without browning.
6. Whisk in the milk and bring to a boil. Add the salt, pepper, nutmeg, red pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Stir in the cheddar and remove from heat. Combine with the cauliflower and transfer to glass dish that goes in the oven.
8. Combine bread crumbs, butter, parmesan, and parsley. Sprinkle on top of cauliflower.
9. Bake for 20 minutes, until thoroughly heated.
Welcome food enthusiasts!
The beautiful, spray free produce our farmers grow enables their families and customers alike to eat REAL and GOOD food. We hope you enjoy these recipes starring items grown for our CSA and the farmers markets. Happy eating!