This recipe is very good and easy to make. Remember, you can use any vegetables you want!
1 bunch of greens (kale, swiss chard, spinach, mustard, or mchicha)
1 bunch of shallots (or one onion)
1 c. of snow peas or ½ c. of shelled peas
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
1 T. olive oil
1 T. butter
4 c. of chicken or soup broth (tips: use a ready made paste called “Better than Bullion.” It really is, and better than canned broth!)
1 c. of Arborio rice
3 T. white wine
¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
1. Steam your greens until wilted and peas until bright green. Drain and chop small.
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil and butter together and brown your shallots or onions and garlic. Add the rice and stir until covered with oil.
3. Cook for a few minutes while stirring and add the wine. Meanwhile, heat the broth in a separate saucepan.
4. Add one cup of the broth and simmer until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. Continue to add broth a little at a time until it is used up. The rice will become creamy and you will have to stir a lot toward the end. It should take about 20 minutes.
5. When the broth has all been soaked up, add the cooked greens, peas, or other veggies, cheese, salt and pepper, and heat through. Enjoy with wine, crusty bread, and salad, delicious!
Welcome food enthusiasts!
The beautiful, spray free produce our farmers grow enables their families and customers alike to eat REAL and GOOD food. We hope you enjoy these recipes starring items grown for our C.S.A and the farmer's markets. Happy eating!